David C. Chavez
David C. Chavez is recognized nationally as a Top 10 Personal Injury Lawyer, Top 100 Trial Lawyers Lifetime Achievement Award, and the prestigious Super Lawyer Award. David has over 40 years of experience as a personal injury attorney. Born and raised in Belen, New Mexico, David knows New Mexico culture and has served on a number of boards, committees and task forces locally and throughout New Mexico.
David C. Chavez has recovered millions for those injured without a voice. David has the team, experience and resources to commit to your case. His firm is committed to helping his clients get back on the “Road to Recovery.”
- David's father, the late Judge Tibo J. Chavez started the practice in 1939. He was one of the Thirteenth Judicial District Court Judges in Valencia County; served as New Mexico State Senator for Valencia County; served as State Senate Majority Leader; and Lieutenant Governor for the State of New Mexico. The late Judge Tibo J. Chavez was also a member of the UNM Board of Regents; President of the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents; Member of the State Police Board and Author of Historic Preservation Legislation. David's family history In New Mexico dates back to Nicholas Duran y Chavez in 1714 during Spanish control 10 generations ago.
- David's mother, the late Betty Chavez was described as a walking encyclopedia of New Mexico history. She was raised in Portales, New Mexico. She became immersed in New Mexico history. Betty's love for history and the state of New Mexico was demonstrated by her commitment to various state and local organizations. The late Betty Chavez was a member of the Daughter's of the Confederate as well as the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New
- Juris Doctorate - 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Mexico Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association